Deliveries 9.4.1 for iOS Deliveries helps you keep track of all your packages, so you always know when they’re going to arrive….
Deliveries for iOS Tips
- Your status will update periodically. You can also manually update by pulling down on the “Deliveries” list until the refresh indicator starts to spin. This will sync and then update any deliveries that weren’t already updated in the past five minutes. You can also manually refresh an individual delivery if you tap the delivery, tap the “…” button, and then tap “Refresh”.
- If a badge appears next to the item name, there are multiple packages. You can select the delivery to see all of the packages in the detail view, but you can also change which one is shown in the list. There are multiple ways to do this: tap the badge, tap and hold the delivery and choose “Show Package”, or tap a package name in the detail view.
- You can search for both active and archived deliveries using the search bar at the top of the “Deliveries” list. You can search by just about anything: item name (e.g. “Shoes”), shipping company (e.g. “UPS”), last known status (e.g. “Delivered”), last known location, (e.g. “Northville”), and more.
- If you have a shipment from a company we don’t support, or you don’t know all the tracking details yet, select “Other” at the bottom of the list of services. You can enter packages with as little information as you like. If you get a tracking number later, you can just tap Edit on the main screen, then tap in the middle of the delivery, and update your information.
- You can tap the map to view it larger. You can drag pins if they’re not in the right location. Deliveries will remember any adjustments you make in the future.
- If you have a Bluetooth keyboard connected, you can use these keyboard shortcuts.