Deliveries 3.2 for Mac
Requires macOS 10.11 or later (El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, or Mojave). Also available for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
If you have any questions, please see Deliveries for Mac Help.
Deliveries helps you keep track of all your packages, so you always know when they’re going to arrive. Whether it’s the latest gadget you’ve preordered online, or a new graphic novel you can’t wait to dive into, Deliveries will keep tabs on it so you don’t miss the doorbell.
The main list shows a summary of all your shipments and counts down the days. Select a delivery for more information, and see where it is on a map. If you like you can view the shipping company’s web page, or easily share your shipment over email, iMessage, or AirDrop. Deliveries can even add estimated delivery dates to your calendar, and a Notification Center widget lets you quickly check your packages without opening the app. All your old deliveries are archived so you can look them up again if you need to.
Deliveries supports dozens of services, including UPS, FedEx, US Postal Service, DHL, TNT, Canada Post, DPD, and many more. You can also track orders from services like Amazon and Apple, even before they ship. (Some services are limited to specific countries—visit junecloud.com/services for details.) If you have packages from other services, just select “Other” and enter a delivery date and web site—so you can check on them when you need to and still keep everything in one place.
Deliveries is also available for iOS, in a single app that supports iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. You can sync your deliveries between devices with iCloud or our own Junecloud sync. If you create a Junecloud account, you can add new shipments from any web browser.
Deliveries is available in English, German (translated by Jennifer Brehm), Japanese (Nobtaka Nukui and Justin McPeak), and French (Thierry Di Lenarda).
New in version 3.2:
- Improved cleanup of duplicate calendar events when multiple devices add events to the same calendar.
- Fixed a bug where events were duplicated on Exchange calendars, and Deliveries was not be able to clean up the duplicates. You will need to manually remove any existing duplicates.
- Fixed some cases where Deliveries might forget which calendar you had selected.
- Fixed an issue where the “Add to calendar” pop-up menu was too wide.
- Fixed a bug where deliveries added with the “Add to Deliveries” extension would not always sync to other devices.
- Fixed a bug (or removed a feature) where you could open an infinite number of About windows.
- Updated for changes to La Poste, Posten Norway, OnTrac, and TNT.
- Improved results for Apple and DHL.
- Improved link detection for Hermes, Posten, Swiss Post, and Yamato.
- Improved mapping for USPS and Swiss Post.
- Fixed issues with item name detection when using the “Add to Deliveries” extension on smile.amazon.com.
- The “Updated…” text is now based solely on your active deliveries, which should better match what you’d expect.
- Improved handling of deliveries that sync in from services added in future versions of the app.
- Added support for future service updates.
- Some other minor improvements.
- Amazon Including Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.de, Amazon.at, Amazon.es, Amazon.fr, and Amazon.it, Amazon.in, as well as Amazon Payments. When you track an Amazon order you’ll get tracking details from many of the shipping companies they use, including the US Postal Service, UPS, OnTrac, LaserShip, Ensenda, Prestige, and more.
- Apple.com Including all international stores.
- Aramex Shop and Ship deliveries only.
- Canada Post (Postes Canada)
- Chronopost (France)
- DHL Including Express deliveries in most countries, as well as most shipments in Germany. Currently DHL GlobalMail information can only be shown in an online view. We do not currently support DHL Express Germany, DHL Parcel UK, SmartMail, DHL ActiveTracing, or DHL Freight.
- DPD Germany. Currently DPD UK information can only be shown in an online view.
- FedEx Including most countries, as well as FedEx SmartPost. We do not currently support FedEx UK.
- GLS Including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Portugal, and Spain
- Hermes Logistik Gruppe (HLG) Germany only.
- Japan Post Including EMS, Yu-Pack, Registered Mail, and Morning 10 Overnight Mail. We do not currently support JP Express.
- La Poste (France)
- Post (Austria)
- Poste Italiane
- Posten (Norway) Including Bring.
- PostNL (formerly TNT Post Netherlands)
- PostNord (Sweden and Denmark)
- Purolator We do not currently support Purolator International.
- Sagawa Express
- Swiss Post
- TNT Includes most countries, as well as TNT Express Australia. We do not currently support TNT UK, TNT France, or TNT Italia.
- UPS and UPS Mail Innovations We do not currently support UPS Freight, UPS i-parcel, or UPS Air Cargo.
- U.S. Postal Service (USPS, United States Postal Service or US Post Office)
- Yamato Transport (Kuroneko)
- Other You can manually add other packages from other services by entering a web site, delivery date, and other info.
In some cases, services we previously supported are no longer available due to changes with the shipping service. These include Australia Post, DHL GlobalMail, DPD UK, Hongkong Post, and Royal Mail. You can still add shipments from these services, but tracking information can only be shown in an online view.