Notefile Widget for Mac Help
This help page is for our free Dashboard widget. Please see here for help with our full Mac app, available in the Mac App Store.
Some tips on using Notefile
- If you have a note open, click the note count at the bottom to return to the list.
- When you’re viewing your list of notes, move your mouse over a note and click the x button to delete it. A note will also be deleted if you remove all of its text.
- Click the “Synced” text at the bottom of the notes list to sync immediately.
- If you like you can open multiple copies of the widget to display different notes at the same time.
- Click the top edge of the notes list to open a search field.
- Press ⌘Z to undo or ⇧⌘Z to redo typing
- Press ⌘N to create a new note
- Press ⌘↩ to close the current note and return to the list
- Press ⌘F to search your list of notes
- Use your arrow keys to select a note, and press return to edit it
In order to use a keyboard shortcut, the widget must be active. Click on it to make it active if necessary.