App Santa: award-winning apps, up to 80% off for Christmas Junecloud has once again joined with several other independent developers for App Santa,…
Panic Status Board + Delivery Status
Panic recently released Status Board and one of the first things we thought of was how to get Delivery Status data in there. Currently there are two ways to do this—an easy way that gets you some basic info, and the advanced way that gets you all the details.
The Easy Way
The easiest way to add your deliveries to Status Board is with the calendar. This will show your estimated delivery dates, and nothing more. Deliveries that don't have an estimated date will not be added to the calendar, and you won't be able to see the latest status update or location.
- Download Delivery Status 5.0 or later for iOS.
- Tap the gear icon to open the settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Add to calendar, and select a calendar.
- You can now add that calendar to Status Board, and your estimated delivery dates will show. If you want a panel that only shows delivery dates, just create a new calendar specifically for Delivery Status. (You can do that in the Calendar app.)
The Advanced Way
This option will give you all the details you can see in the main list of Delivery Status. These instructions require some technical knowledge, so please read them over before you decide whether to try it.
- Download and install the Delivery Status Widget for Mac (version 6.0 or later).
- Open Terminal.
- Enter this, but don't press return yet:
defaults write widget-com.junecloud.widget.deliverystatus status-board-path
- Make sure there's a space at the end.
- Locate the folder where you want to export your Status Board data, and drag it to the Terminal window. Please note: Any file named
deliveries.htmlin the location you specified will be overwritten!
- Press the return key.
- Wait for Delivery Status to update, or click the “Updated…” text at the bottom of the widget to update it immediately. When it's done updating it should create the
- Now you need to get that file somewhere that Status Board can access it. Personally I have OS X Server running on a Mac mini, so I can just access it from there. You could use a folder that syncs with Dropbox, then right-click on the file and choose Dropbox → Share Link. You could probably use Hazel to trigger an Automator workflow that uploads the file with Transmit.
- Once the file is accessible to your iPad, add a new Table view to Status Board, and paste in the URL.
Once you have it all set up, any time the Delivery Status widget updates, it will automatically update Status Board as well. Let us know what you think in the comments or on Twitter. If there's enough interest in this we might figure out a way to simplify the whole setup.
If you'd like to disable this feature later, open Terminal, paste this text in, and press return:
defaults delete widget-com.junecloud.widget.deliverystatus status-board-path
Compatibility with OS X Yosemite OS X Yosemite will be available in the fall, and I’m sure many of you already have a beta…
A sale, some updates, and future updates Our apps are updated and on sale Delivery Status for iOS, Notefile for iOS, and…
Compatibility with OS X Mavericks OS X Mavericks is now available so you might be wondering if our software will work…