Bluetooth Switch 2.4
Requires a Mac with OS X 10.4 through 10.10.
Much of our software is free of charge. However if you find it useful we do ask that you consider a donation. Your donation makes it possible for us to keep making great software. Click here to donate now!
This widget displays the current status of Bluetooth. Simply click the icon to switch Bluetooth on or off. On the back you can select an application to open automatically after you turn Bluetooth on. You can also double-click the widget to open the selected app immediately without switching the Bluetooth status. Makes a great replacement for the Bluetooth menu bar item!
New in version 2.4:
- Now compatible with OS X Yosemite (10.10).
- Updated for code signing changes in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.9.5 (Mavericks).
New in version 2.3:
- Now compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9).
New in version 2.2.1:
- Minor visual improvements, particularly for Macs with Retina Displays.
New in version 2.2:
- Beautiful new graphics for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
- Signed with our Developer ID for Mountain Lion’s Gatekeeper feature.
- Removed the outdated iSync option.
New in version 2.1:
- Now supports Snow Leopard, in addition to Leopard and Tiger
New in version 2.0:
- Now compatible with both Leopard and Tiger
- No longer opens System Preferences
- Improved graphics look nicer, make the off state more clear, and make the settings easier to use
- Now you can just double-click the widget if you want to open your selected app without toggling the switch (instead of holding O and clicking)
New in version 1.3:
New in version 1.2:
- Now works regardless of your language settings!
New in version 1.1:
- Checking Bluetooth status is much faster
- You will now be notified if the required Universal Access setting is not enabled, with instructions on what to do
- Improved error handling if Bluetooth is missing
- Cleaner code and a number of subtle touches to ensure smooth operation
- Added keyboard shortcuts
The original Bluetooth Switch icon was created by RimshotDesign.
Hide previous updates