App Santa: award-winning apps, up to 80% off for Christmas Junecloud has once again joined with several other independent developers for App Santa,…
Plus: the anything widget (beta)
Extend your Dock or desktop onto your Dashboard. Create visual shortcuts to your favorite sites. Create a button to open new widgets. Or just decorate your Dashboard.
Just by dropping a file or two onto Plus, you can:
- Create a widget that launches any application, widget, file, folder, or web address just by dropping it onto Plus. It’s perfect for quick access to things you don’t want cluttering up your Dock, or widgets you open often (like Stickies or Delivery Status).
- When you drop on an application, file, or folder, Plus will automatically grab the icon—but if you prefer, you can drop in another image to display.
- If you just want to decorate Dashboard, you can drop in any image—even animated GIFs! You can drag images from your computer or straight from your web browser.
- A simple slider lets you adjust the image size. For larger images, check the “Max” box (where applicable).
- To edit your settings later, drop in a new file, or move the widget slightly and press + on your keyboard.
If you don’t already know how to drop a file into Dashboard: first you need to make sure you have a keyboard shortcut, mouse button, or screen corner set up to open Dashboard. To do this, open System Preferences in the Apple menu. Click the Exposé & Spaces icon, then click the Exposé tab. Once your shortcut of choice is set up, you can start dragging a file, activate the Dashboard shortcut without letting go of your mouse button, and then drop the file onto the widget.
Download Plus 1.0 beta 5. Leopard is required. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Update: This beta is now closed.
Compatibility with OS X Yosemite OS X Yosemite will be available in the fall, and I'm sure many of you already have a…
A sale, some updates, and future updates Our apps are updated and on sale Delivery Status for iOS, Notefile for iOS, and…
Compatibility with OS X Mavericks OS X Mavericks is now available so you might be wondering if our software will work…
Notefile: on the Mac App Store, iCloud, and more Now available on the Mac App Store Dashboard is great for simple widgets like Notefile…