App Santa: award-winning apps, up to 80% off for Christmas Junecloud has once again joined with several other independent developers for App Santa,…
Delivery Status for Mac 5.0 beta 8 (closed)
This beta is now closed. Thanks everyone for your help!
Thanks for your interest in beta testing Delivery Status!
Things you can help with:
- Of course, if you run into any problems please let me know. If you have a problem, open the Console app, look for any relevant errors there, and send them to me along with a detailed description of the problem and what you were doing when it happened.
- I have only tested on 10.4.11 and 10.5.7. If you are using anything in between (10.5 through 10.5.6) I would love to hear if everything works for you. Especially if you are still using Safari 3 (since upgrading Safari also affects Dashboard in Leopard). In particular, let me know if syncing works for you. If you add a delivery through your iPhone or the web site, does it open automatically when you refresh the widget?
- I’m deliberately not giving too much info on how the new interface works. I’m hoping it’s pretty easy to figure out for most people. If you have a hard time with anything please let me know!
- This widget was designed to keep fully in sync with the iPhone app, but you won’t get the full benefits of this feature unless you are also beta testing Delivery Status touch 3.0. Deliveries you add elsewhere will be automatically opened in the widget regardless, but if you delete a delivery from the iPhone app it will not be deleted from the widget. If you delete the delivery from our web site then it will be automatically deleted from the widget.
- Syncing now requires Leopard—it is not longer available in Tiger.
- There’s a lot of new text in this version, and it has not been localized yet.
- Delivery Status has been completely redesigned with a new all-in-one format that integrates more closely with our iPhone and iPod touch app.
- Synced deliveries are now opened automatically, and deletions are synced as well. Mac OS X 10.5 or later is now required for syncing.
- You can now add deliveries from unsupported companies by selecting “Other”. Enter any information that you have, including a name, tracking number, web site, and date. Delivery Status will show a countdown, and track the web site for changes.
- The history now includes item names from Amazon, Apple, and Google, so the delivery you’re looking for should be much easier to find.
- The time format will now respect your system settings.
- You can now create a new sync account directly from the widget.
- Improved results for DHL Germany, Hermes, TNT Post Netherlands, and RoyalMail.
- Nintendo has been removed as their order status is no longer available.
Update I’ve just posted beta 2:
- Fixed a bug where FedEx deliveries would not load.
- The “Days” text is a bit larger now.
- Ampersands in item names will now display correctly.
- Clicking in an empty area of the scroll bar will now scroll one delivery at a time. (I haven’t had a chance to test this in Tiger or Snow Leopard—please let me know whether it works if you can!)
- Other small bug fixes.
Update Here’s beta 3:
- Fixed Hermes (HLG).
- Added a fix for Apple’s odd ship dates that are actually a delivery date.
- You will now get a warning if you don’t fill out all the required fields (just like the iPhone app). Note that there are no required fields for “Other” deliveries, so you can use this type if you want to make note of a delivery you don’t have a tracking number for yet.
- The password field is now automatically filled in whenever you change your email address (assuming you had previously saved a password for that account).
- Countdowns will now update immediately when opening Dashboard, even if the status hasn’t refreshed. This makes the countdown more accurate, especially when you have Delivery Status set to update less often.
- Updated the German, French, Italian, Japanese, and Dutch translations.
- Date and time displays will now respect your settings. For example times will be 24 hour, or the day will come before the month, if appropriate.
- Fixed a bug where the widget would constantly attempt to sync if you did not have an internet connection.
- USPS is now labeled US Postal Service.
Update Beta 4 is now available:
- Improved results for GLS and Amazon.
- Added a larger text option.
- The widget will no longer expand for a new delivery if doing so would push it off the screen.
- Improved the upgrade process from 4.x—it will now automatically re-sync on the first run.
- Fixed a bug where you might be told a field was required when it was not.
- Various adjustments for “Other” deliveries, fixing inconsistencies when changing time zones or syncing.
- Clicking the “please consider a donation” link now opens the donation screen, not the tracking page.
- Finished the Swedish and Norwegian translations, fixed some errors in the other translations.
Update Beta 5 is now available:
- Actually fixed a bug where you might be told a field was required when it was not. I think.
Update Beta 6 is up:
- Improvements for Poste Italiane, Posten Norway, Amazon.
- Fixed a bug where saved passwords were not always filled in automatically.
- You can now click the status text at the bottom of the widget at any time—useful if a delivery gets “stuck”.
- Improved Growl handling of error messages.
- Changed the colors for FedEx and TNT—to better differentiate them now that the logos no longer used.
- Some subtle icon tweaks.
Update Beta 7 is up now:
- The “click to enter your password” link now works correctly.
- Growl notifications now use the Delivery Status icon.
- Localization improvements.
Update Beta 8:
- The “Edit” button is now localized.
- Fixed a bug where clicking the drag handle without moving it could remove the delivery. It wouldn’t disappear immediately, and some odd things could happen in the meantime.
Download Delivery Status for Mac 5.0 beta 8
Compatibility with OS X Yosemite OS X Yosemite will be available in the fall, and I’m sure many of you already have a beta…
A sale, some updates, and future updates Our apps are updated and on sale Delivery Status for iOS, Notefile for iOS, and…
Compatibility with OS X Mavericks OS X Mavericks is now available so you might be wondering if our software will work…