Delivery Status 5.2 for iOS Available on the App Store Delivery Status helps you keep track of all your packages, so you always know…
Delivery Status touch Help
You don't have to worry about whether it's open or not—as long as you don't manually close it by swiping up in the multitasking view. When you do that, iOS won't allow the app to run in the background until you open it again. In other situations, iOS will automatically run the app in the background if it's not already open, so it can update and show notifications.
Delivery Status uses a feature called “Background Refresh” to update your deliveries in the background. It runs for just a few seconds every 1 to 3 hours, depending on how soon your deliveries are expected. We've worked hard to make it very efficient, so you don't have to worry about wasting battery life.
Here are some things that may help:
- Make sure notifications are on—they're off by default. Tap the settings button, then Notifications, and make sure the “Background notifications” switch is on. If you don't see this option, make sure you have Delivery Status 5 or later, and iOS 7 or later.
- Don't force the app to close by swiping up on the app when the multitasking view is open. If you do this then iOS will not let the app run in the background until you manually open the app again.
If those don't help, here are a few more tips:
- If the device was recently restarted, or the battery ran out, unlock it after it starts up again. There are some cases where this is necessary for the app to update all your deliveries in the background. You can lock it again immediately if you want.
- If you’re wondering about the status of a package, just open the app. iOS will notice you opening the app more often and allow it to run in the background more often. You don’t have to leave the app open—if you give it a moment to start updating and then close it, it will continue to update in the background. Over time you won't have to update the app as often to get notifications.
- If a shipment's status changes while you have the app open, Delivery Status assumes you saw that change and won’t give you a notification about it. (Until the status changes again, of course.)
- Make sure you're connected to the internet (either via Wi-Fi or cellular data).
- Keep your device charged. Our background updates use very little battery power, but iOS may allow apps to update less often if the battery is low.
On iOS 7, Delivery Status uses Apple's new barcode scanner. In most cases it works perfectly and is even faster than before. However there are certain barcodes it can't scan, particularly ones from DHL Germany and Hermes. If you have Delivery Status 5.0.1 or later installed, you can press and hold on the barcode button for an option to choose the old ZBar scanner. Once you've selected it your preference is remembered for you, so you can just tap the button normally in the future.
If you sync your calendars and your deliveries between multiple devices, we recommend only turning on the “Add to calendar” option on one device. (Preferably the device you use the most often.) That way Delivery Status can update the events on one device, and iCloud will take care of syncing them to your other devices.
If you're still wondering why this happens: let's say you add a delivery on your iPhone, and then Delivery Status creates an event for it. Delivery Status now syncs with your iPad… but your calendar hasn't quite synced yet. So an event is created on your iPad as well. Once calendar gets caught up, you now have two calendar events on both devices. If this does happen, Delivery Status should eventually clear up the duplicates on its own. You can also manually delete duplicate events without causing any problems.
In the Deliveries list, you can swipe from right to left to reveal the “Archive” button. Tap “Archive” to remove a delivery from the list. You can look up archived deliveries later using the search field.
If you want to remove an item from the archive as well, there are two ways to do this. If you tap the add button and scroll down, you can swipe from right to left to reveal a delete button there. You can also clear multiple items from your archive by tapping the settings button, tapping “Clear Archive” and choosing one of the options there.
EMS deliveries can usually be tracked in two places: the post office in the country the package is shipped from, and the post office in the country the package is shipped to. So if you have a package from the US to Canada, for example, you could track it using US Postal Service or Canada Post in Delivery Status.
Unfortunately it’s not possible for us to add China EMS (ems.com.cn) because of the verification code they use. However if the package is shipped from China to another country we support, you should be able to track the package that way.
If you enter an EMS tracking number, Delivery Status should automatically detect one of the options for you, if it’s a service we support. In some cases you may get better information if you manually change it to the other option.
“Other” doesn’t work quite like the services that we support directly. It’s a way to manually keep track of a package from another service, so you can have all your shipments in one place. If you enter a date then Delivery Status will count down to that delivery date for you. If you enter a web site then Delivery Status will try to monitor that page and let you know when it changes. You’ll also be able to tap “View details online” to open the web site and manually check the status.
Here are some tips:
- Your shipment may not show up in the tracking company’s system immediately. If you click the delivery, the shipping company’s web site will open in your browser. If you see a “not found” error there as well, it may not be in their system yet. Try checking the next day.
- Double-check that you’ve filled out the correct information in the correct fields. One common mistake is accidentally entering the tracking number in the item name field!
- Make sure you have the correct service selected. For example, if you select Amazon, you need to enter an Amazon order number. If you want to enter a UPS tracking number you need to select UPS, even if it was shipped from Amazon. Also if you ordered from Amazon.com, make sure you’ve selected Amazon.com rather than Amazon.de, for example.
- Make sure you’ve entered your order number or tracking number exactly. For example, Amazon orders must include the dashes.
- Email addresses and passwords are case sensitive. If you signed up with the address Mike@example.com, but you enter email@example.com, you won’t be able to log in.
- If these suggestions aren’t helping, please contact us. If you don’t mind sharing your tracking number, include it in your email, and we’ll check it for problems.
Delivery Status takes the location given from the shipping company and asks the built-in mapping service where it is. Sometimes the mapping service will make the wrong guess at where that location is, especially if it’s not specific enough (for example if the shipping company doesn’t specify the country). You can drag the pin to the correct location, and it will remember any corrections you make for the future. Just tap and hold the pin, then move it to the correct place.
DHL GlobalMail can be confusing because sometimes the “tracking number” they show at the top of the page is not actually a tracking number. If you try entering it in their own form you’ll even get an error there. If you look at the bottom of your tracking page you’ll see a “DHL GM” and a “Customer Confirm” number—try using one of those. It should work correctly with at least one of them.
Tap the Settings app on your home screen, then tap Notification Center. Find “Deliveries” in the list and tap it. Tap the switch next to Sounds to turn it off.
You’ll want to follow these instructions on the device that does have the deliveries. (See here if that’s the Mac Dashboard widget.) First make sure your internet connection is working. If you just have one delivery that isn’t syncing, tap the Edit button, tap the delivery, then tap Save—this will force it to re-sync. If you have multiple deliveries that aren’t syncing, tap the settings button, then tap Sync. Log out of your sync account, and then log back in. This will force all of your deliveries to re-sync. On the devices that’s missing the deliveries, you can tap or click the “Updated” text at the bottom to refresh all your deliveries immediately.
Maybe! Let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll add it to our list for consideration. We do our best to add the most popular requests, though please understand that there are hundreds of shipping services in the world, and it’s just not possible to add all of them. If you can provide a tracking number for the service in question, that’s very helpful as it allows us to test the service more thoroughly.
Unfortunately it’s not possible for us to support China EMS (ems.com.cn) because of the “verification code” they use.
Passwords are sent directly to the delivery company's site over a secure (https) connection, same as when you log in through your web browser. Even your tracking numbers are sent securely whenever possible. Your passwords are stored encrypted in your keychain, in the same way that other passwords are saved. While we can't offer any sort of guarantee, we've done our best to make sure it's secure and safe.
Delivery Status periodically checks our server for service updates, and the widget will occasionally check for a new version of the widget. In both cases no personal information is sent aside from your IP address, the version of the app you're using, and so on.
If you choose to use our syncing services, your tracking details are sent securely through our server. Your passwords are never sent through our server. We do recommend that if you sign up for a Junecloud account, you use a unique password that you don't use on other sites. If you ever need to, you can change your Junecloud password here or reset it here.
If you prefer not to enter your passwords in Delivery Status, you can always wait until your order ships and track it that way (via UPS, FedEx, etc.)
It may help to try Apple’s suggestions for Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store. Otherwise, please contact us and we’ll do our best to help you.