Deliveries 8.0.6 for iOS Deliveries helps you keep track of all your packages, so you always know when they’re going to arrive. W…
Deliveries Service Updates
|Update 197 on November 19|
Fixed an issue where Apple orders for the iPhone Upgrade Program would show tracking details for the wrong shipment. Fixed USPS in the Dashboard widget. Improvements for Amazon. Improved mapping for USPS.
|Update 196 on October 30|
Improvements for Amazon. Royal Mail details are now only available in the online view. Mapping improvements for USPS.
|Update 195 on October 6|
Fixed not found errors and other issues with Amazon. Additional improvements for Chronopost and U.S. Postal Service.
|Update 194 on September 15|
Fixed an issue where an Apple order might incorrectly show “pick up in store”.
|Update 193 on September 15|
Improvements for Amazon by tracking link and certain Apple orders. Improved mapping for PostNord.
|Update 192 on September 5|
UPS Freight shipments are now supported. Fixed a problem with La Poste. Fixed mapping problems with U.S. Postal Service and UPS. Fixed Aramex links. Improvements for PostNL.
How to get the latest updates
Deliveries can download service updates automatically—they’re instructions that let Deliveries know how to look up your shipment information. If FedEx or Apple changes their web site, we can just publish a service update, and you’ll get it automatically, without having to download a new version of the app. To get the latest service updates, make sure you have any of the following:
- For iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Deliveries 6.1.2 or later.
- For Mac: Deliveries 1.1.2 or later.
- If you’re using the older Dashboard widget for Mac: Delivery Status 6.2 or later. OS X 10.8 or later is also recommended, though most shipping services should work on older versions of OS X.
If you have Deliveries set up to sync with Junecloud, you’ll receive service updates when you sync, as soon as they’re available. If you use iCloud, or haven’t turned on syncing, Deliveries will check for updates once a week, or once a day if there’s a problem with any of your deliveries.
How to manually update
Usually you don’t need to do anything—it works automatically. But if you think something’s wrong, you can reset your service updates and force them to refresh immediately.
Force Deliveries for iOS to update:
- Tap the button to open the settings.
- Below the Junecloud logo, you’ll see the version number, similar to “Deliveries 6.1”, and then some other numbers in parenthesis. Make sure you have Deliveries 6.1.2 or later—older versions may lose the latest updates after a reset.
- Tap this text to force Deliveries to update.
Force Deliveries for Mac to update:
- Open the Deliveries menu and choose “About Deliveries”. (If the dock icon is hidden, click the button and choose “About Deliveries” there.)
- Below the Deliveries icon, you’ll see the version number, similar to “Deliveries 1.1”, and then some other numbers in parenthesis. Make sure you have Deliveries 1.1.2 or later—older versions may lose the latest updates after a reset.
- Click this text to force Deliveries to update.
Force Delivery Status Dashboard Widget for Mac to update:
- Move your mouse over the widget and click the button to flip the widget over.
- Below the Junecloud logo, you’ll see the version number, similar to “Delivery Status 6.2”, and then some other numbers in parenthesis. Make sure you have Deliveries 6.2 or later—older versions may lose the latest updates after a reset.
- Click this text to force Delivery Status to update.