My First WWDC Above: Apple’s live App Store wall at WWDC. It showed icons of 20,000 iPhone apps,…
Tense Log 2.1 beta 2 now available! (Updated)
This is a pretty big update to Tense Log! Perhaps the most exciting change is the greatly improved setup process and increased compatibility. Installation (or upgrading) is now as simple as uploading the files and then opening the site in your browser. A series of pages walks you through the process and even fills in most of the settings for you… all you have to do is make sure they’re correct, and fill in the few that are missing. This release also works much better with PHP 5, and servers where global variables, magic quotes, or short open tags are disabled.
As for the rest, here are some highlights:
- Much greater control over thumbnails! As a designer it’s important that a content management system doesn’t limit me, and this does away with a lot of limitations. You can see this change at work right on this site—the cropped thumbnail images with rounded borders are all generated automatically by Tense Log. When you upload an image with an entry, you can just click a link to set a crop area for the thumbnail. Drag a box and you’re done. The rounded borders are created by specifying a transparent PNG to overlay on the image in the template. It saves a ton of time I used to spend making thumbnails by hand in Photoshop.
- Improved Tense Index integration. You can now set descriptions and set Tense Index templates right in Tense Log. You can also create templates right in Tense Log.
- Your last-used category and folder are remembered for you, which saves a lot of time clicking around.
You’ll also find quite a few other improvements and a ton of bug fixes. Here’s a complete list of changes in this version. Of course there are a lot of changes to Tense Index as well. I’m not releasing a separate Tense Index beta, but this download does include a new version if you’d like to try it out.
Updated May 10th: I’ve just put up a new version with the following fixes:
- Fixed a bug where the cropping option would appear when using GD2 or GD1 to create thumbnails. This option requres ImageMagick.
- Fixed a bug where setting the crop area did not work correctly in some browsers.
- The crop window will now fit better on 1024x768 displays.
Click here to download Tense Log 2.1 beta 2 and then tell me what you think in the comments below! A PDF manual is included, please take a look at it before you install. If you have any problems, let me know and I’ll do my best to resolve them.
Getting creative with transparent PNGs for Delivery Status The old Delivery Status graphics system When I started the Delivery Status widget it…
Business Cards My new business cards finally showed up today, and they look awesome. Same as with the…
Welcome to Junecloud! When I first started running my own business full time a few years back, I really wasn’t…